Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 - Island Style


 
 We were blessed to spend a week in the beautiful island of Roatan with my parents during the week of Thanksgiving.  It was a week filled with great food (thanks Mom! and the Bananarama and Blue Parrot Bar and Grill) and great fun! 

Ryan and my dad golfed, yep you guessed it, every single morning!  While they were out golfing, Mom and I had a great time catching up on the latest happenings in Honduras and back home.  I think if I didn’t already know it, there’s nothing better than having your mom with you.  She is my best friend and I didn’t realize how much I missed spending time with her. 
 When Ryan and Dad came back from golfing each day, we did a work out – Mom and Dad ran the hill, and Ryan and I did Insanity out on the patio…I tell you what, the hot humid air made it extremely insane. 


We kayaked out to the reef, went diving one day, worked on my tan, and I read almost 3 books during that one week.

The evenings were so much fun catching up with my dad and just hanging out.  I forgot how much my dad can make the simplest dinner fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Honduras

Honduras
We attended language school in Copan Ruinas. Tegucigalpa is where we are serving as teachers at AFE.