Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lavar la Ropa -- Laundry

     Laundry.  The word itself made me think about the simple task of hauling a basket of dirty clothes to the magic box that makes them clean, however, not so much anymore.  Now, I think of the sweat and hard work of washing each piece of clothing by hand.  I have to say that I felt EXACTLY like Lucy Ricardo when she was trying to work in the chocolate factory when Lucy was making candy with the professional and she was making a mess of everything! 


     Roxanna, my Honduran mom, helped me clean 16 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 10 pairs of socks, and 18 pairs of underwear.  It took us both an hour…thank goodness I have Roxanna to help me!


1 comment:

  1. That certainly gives new meaning to laundry DAY - All day. No more grumbling from me anymore as I tackle that household chore. mom

    ReplyDelete

Honduras

Honduras
We attended language school in Copan Ruinas. Tegucigalpa is where we are serving as teachers at AFE.