Friday, August 26, 2011

Meet our Teachers

Julia, Me, and Ana
Ryan and Marixa


Today we have completed 5 weeks of language school and thought I would give a little tour of our school.  I am standing with my teacher, Ana, who is 22 years old and is attending university in Guatemala on the weekends. She is studying administration while she works at Ixbalanque Language School in Copan.  She lives with her parents and brother near our host family's house.  We have become GREAT friends.  She is so much like me and I her in so many ways.  We will be friends forever. 

Ryan's teacher Marixa is also a teacher for kindergarten in the mornings in addition to working at Ixbalanque.  She is 32 years old and Ryan has learned so much from her.  She is very experienced, having taught at this language school for almost 10 years.  I can hear the two of them laughing almost every 5 minutes, so I know they are having a good time while still being extremely focused. 
The upstairs of the school.
Looking out of Ryan's classroom.
Looking outside of my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Honduras

Honduras
We attended language school in Copan Ruinas. Tegucigalpa is where we are serving as teachers at AFE.